5月21日,中国云南昆明女

留学生

杨舒平在美国大学毕业典礼上演讲,称美国的空气又新鲜又甜美,说中国历史课学到的东西对她毫无意义,还表示自己在中国每天戴口罩出门。

5月22日晚,杨舒平改掉了自己的微博名,取了一串乱码,并删光之前所有微博,回应此次事件,称“我深爱自己的祖国和家乡,为国家的繁荣发展深感自豪,也希望今后用自己在国外的所学弘扬中国文化,为国家做积极贡献。”

虽然杨舒平关闭了自己的微博评论,并表示“完全没有对国家及家乡的否定或贬低之意”,但网友们的打脸却来的异常凶猛。

之前激情澎湃发表演讲的时候有考虑过吗?

延伸阅读:中国女留学生杨舒平辱华事件始末

作为留学生,在毕业典礼上受校长邀请,当着全校师生做毕业演讲,这本是一件十分荣耀的事情,我们应该为优秀的海外学子感到骄傲。

然而近日,在美国马里兰大学的毕业典礼上,中国留学生杨舒平的毕业演讲却让台下的中国同学们感到无比尴尬和气愤。

她的演讲全程围绕两个要点:

中国的空气肮脏不堪,而美国的空气竟然好到令她无比惊讶。她说:“美国的空气是那么的甜美清新,而且是一种奇特的奢华。”

中国没有自由,只有在美国她才体会到什么是自由,在美国她可以想说啥说啥,想做啥做啥。她甚至表示,“之前在中国历史课上学到的人生、自由对于我毫无意义”。

演讲中,她表达的言论都是美国人天天在街边小报上看到的中国——充满偏见与傲慢。杨舒平用精湛的演讲技巧,在全校师生面前为这些小报背书,把美国人对中国的偏见再一次放大。

不仅语气里尽是“崇洋媚外”,她甚至连一些基本事实都不顾。不过关于她的这般言论立马引起了网友的不满,关于杨舒平的资料背景立马也被曝光了出来。

人物介绍:杨舒平

杨舒平,女,汉族,1993年4月16日出生于昆明,留美大学生,就读于马里兰大学。

2017年夏季马里兰大学毕业典礼中,此人代表中国留学生进行发言。相关视频流传回中国网络,引发热议。[1]

人物事件编辑

2017年夏季马里兰大学毕业典礼中,此人代表中国留学生进行发言。[1]

中英对照全文编辑

Good afternoon faculty students parents and friends.

各位家长、同学、朋友们,下午好!

I am truly honored and grateful to speak at the commencement for the University of Maryland, Class of 2017.

我很荣幸,也很感激能够在马里兰大学2017届毕业典礼上发言。

People often ask me: Why did you come to the University of Maryland?

人们经常问我:为什么你选择来马里兰大学?

I always answer: Fresh air.

我总是回答:新鲜的空气。

Five years ago, as I step off the plane from China, and left the terminal at Dallas Airport. I was ready to put on one of my five face masks, but when I took my first breath of American air. I put my mask away.

五年前,我从中国来到美国,出了达拉斯机场航站楼,呼吸到在美国的第一口空气后,我就丢掉了正准备戴上的五层口罩。

The air was so sweet and fresh, and oddly luxurious.

这里的空气是如此的新鲜甜蜜,尽管说起来奇怪,但这对我来说很奢侈。

I was surprised by this. I grew up in a city in China, where I had to wear a

face mask every time I went outside, otherwise, I might get sick.

我大感意外。我在中国的都市中长大,每次外出都必须戴口罩,不然的话,我可能会生病。

However, the moment I inhaled and exhaled outside the airport.

所以,当我在机场外面呼吸到第一口空气的时候,

I felt free.

我感到了自由。

No more fog on my glasses, no more difficult breathing, no more suppression.Every breath was a delight.

不再有蒙在眼镜上的浓雾,不再有呼吸困难,不再有压抑的生活。每一口呼吸都是一种愉悦的体验。

As I stand here today, I cannot help, but recall that feeling of freedom.

今天站在这里,我情不自禁地回忆起这种自由的感觉。

At the University of Maryland, I assume feel another kind of fresh air for which I will be forever grateful — the fresh air of free speech.

在马里兰大学,我还感到了另一种意义上的自由,一种我会永远感激的自由——言论自由。

Before I came to United States, I learned in history class about the Declaration of Independence, but these words had no meaning to me— Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.

在来美国之前,我在历史课上学到了美国独立宣言,那时独立宣言的内容——生命,自由和对自由的追求对我来说没有实际的意义

I was merely memorizing the words to get good grades.

我单纯地记下这些词,仅仅为了拿个高分。

These words sounded so strange, so abstract and so foreign to me, until I came to University of Maryland.

当时那些字句对我来说如此陌生,抽象,直到我来到了马里兰大学。

I have leaned the right to freely express oneself is sacred in American.

我学到了,在美国,自由表达是一项神圣的权利。

Each day in Maryland, I was encouraged to express my opinions on controversial issues.

在马里兰的每一天,我都被激励着在有争议的问题上发表自己的意见。

I could challenge a statement made by my instructor. I could even rate my professors online.

我可以质疑导师的意见,我也以在线上给老师评分。

But nothing prepared me for the culture shock I experienced when I watched a university production of the play— Twilight: Los Angeles.

不过这些都不能和我第一次看到校内演出的戏剧《黄昏:洛杉矶》时感受到的文化冲击相比。

Twilight is a play by Anna Deavere Smith about the 1992 Los Angeles Riots

这是Anna Deavere Smith撰写的关于1992年洛杉矶暴乱的一部剧。

The riots followed acquittal of four Los Angeles police officers in the videotaped arrest and beating of Rodney King.

那次暴动的导火线为当地陪审团宣判四名被控“使用过当武力”殴打Rodney King的警察无罪释放。

For six days, the city was in chaos as citizens took to the streets.

6天内,人们走上街头抗议,城市陷入混乱。

In Twilight, the student actors were openly talking about racism, sexism and politics.

在这部剧里,学生演员公开地讨论种族歧视,性别歧视和政治话题。

I was shocked, I never saw such topic could be discussed openly.

我很惊讶,我从来不曾想过这样的话题可以被公开讨论。

The play was my first taste of political storytelling, one that makes the audience think critically.

这部剧是我第一次接触和政治有关的戏剧内容,它让观众辩证地思考。

I have always had a burning desire to tell these kinds of stories, but I was convinced that only authorities on the narrative, only authorities could define the truth.

一直以来,我都很渴望去讲述这样的故事,不过我曾相信只有权威的人才有资格讲述,只有政府才能界定事实。

However, the opportunity to immerse myself in the diverse community at the University of Maryland exposed me to various, many different perspectives on truth.

但是,沉浸在马里兰大学这种多远的文化中让我有机会能够接触不同的、多样的视角,去看待事实。

I soon realized that here I have the opportunity to speak freely.

我很快意识到了在这里我有自由发声的机会。

My voice matters.

Your voice matters.

Our voices matter.

我的声音很重要。

你的声音很重要。

我们的声音都很重要。

Civil engagement is not a task just for politicians.

公民参与不仅仅是政治家的任务。

I have witnessed this when I saw my fellow students marching in Washington DC, voting in the presidential election and raising money for support various causes.

我亲眼见到了我的同学们参与在华盛顿特区的游行,参与总统投票,为了各种各样的原因募集资金。

I have seen that everyone has a right to participate and advocate for change.

我见证了每个人都有参与、推进改革的权利。

I used to believe that one individual participation could not make a difference, but here we are, United Terps.

我曾以为一个人的能力也许不能做成什么,但是我们在这片土地上,美国。

Together, we can push our society to be more just open and peaceful.

在一起,我们能推进我们的社会,让它变得更开明和平和。

Class of 2017, we are graduating from a university that embraces a liberal arts education that nurtures us to think critically, and also to care and feel for humanity.

2017届的同学们,我们从一所拥抱人文教育、重视思辨能力、关注人道的大学毕业了。

We are equipped with the knowledge of various disciplines and we are ready to face to the challenges of our society.

我们具备了不同学科的知识,并准备好面对社会的挑战。

Some of us may go to graduate school, some us may step into professions and some of us may begin a journey of exploration.

我们中的有些人也许会继续读研究生,有的人会开启自己的职业生涯,有些人会开始求索的历程。

But no matter what we do, remember, democracy and free speech should not be taken for granted.

不过无论我们做什么,记住,民主和言论自由不是简简单单就得到的。

Democracy and freedom are the fresh air that is worth fighting for.

民主与自由是值得我们为之奋斗的、至关重要的新鲜空气。

Freedom is oxygen. Freedom is passion. Freedom is love.

自由就是氧气,自由是热情,自由是爱。

And as a French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre once said: freedom is a choice, our future is dependent on the choices we make today and tomorrow.

就像法国哲学家萨特曾经说的:自由是一种选择,我们的未来就取决于我们在今天做的选择。

We are all playwrights of the next chapters of our lives. Together, we right the human history.

我们为自己的人生写下下一篇章,我们一起,写下人类的历史。

My friends, enjoy the fresh air and never let it go.

我的朋友们,享受这里的新鲜空气,不要放手。

Thank you.

谢谢。

1.《杨舒平演讲 留美学生杨舒平演讲辱华后做了什么?杨舒平个人资料辱华演讲全文》援引自互联网,旨在传递更多网络信息知识,仅代表作者本人观点,与本网站无关,侵删请联系页脚下方联系方式。

2.《杨舒平演讲 留美学生杨舒平演讲辱华后做了什么?杨舒平个人资料辱华演讲全文》仅供读者参考,本网站未对该内容进行证实,对其原创性、真实性、完整性、及时性不作任何保证。

3.文章转载时请保留本站内容来源地址,https://www.lu-xu.com/guoji/289385.html