作者:Joseph J. Mazzella

译者:小树

I had the strangest dream last night。

昨晚我做了一个很奇怪的梦。

I was walking down a dirt road with snowy Woods on either side of me。

我梦见自己走在泥泞的路上。两边的树枝上积着雪。(莎士比亚)。

I was all alone。the road seemed to go on forever。

我一个人。小路好像没有尽头。

I couldn ' t see another person anywhere。

我环顾四周,但没有人看见。

All at once、however和I saw someone walking towards me in the distance .

突然,我看见远处有人向我走来。

as this person got closer and closer I realized that it was me。

随着这个人越来越近,我意识到这就是我自己。

It was me from many years ago,fresh faced and young。

那是几年前的我,年轻清新。

I could see in his mind all the dreams and hopes that he had too。

我几乎可以看到他脑子里的那个梦想和愿景。我知道他有那样的梦想和愿景。

They had、after all和once been my own。

毕竟,那也是我的梦想和愿景。

I was overjoyed . I had so many things I wanted to say to this younger me。

我太高兴了。我肚子太多了,想过去告诉我。

I wanted to spare him the trials I had gone through,the pain I had suffered,and the mistakes I had made。

我想告诉他我经历的挫折,我感受到的痛苦,我犯的错误。

I wanted to share with him all that I had learned over the long years of my life。

我想告诉他这些年的生活教给我的一切。

I wanted to show him how his life would turn out so much differently than what he had thought and hoped it would,but that it would be so much better and

我想告诉他,几年后的生活和他想象的有多么不同,但这种生活比他找的要美好得多,幸福得多。(约翰f肯尼迪)。

I wanted him not to waste so many years on the things his ego thought were so vital but instead to realize that love was the most important thing in this life

我希望他不要为了追求自己认为重要的东西而浪费很多年,但要认识到爱情是人生中最重要的东西。(约翰f肯尼迪)。

I opened my mouth to say all of these things but couldn ' t .

我想张开嘴说这一切,但我无法开口。

I realized at that moment that even if I told him he wouldn ' t believe me。

那一刻我意识到,即使我告诉他,他也不会相信我。

he would have to walk the road I had walked,learn the things I had learned,and go through all I had gone through .

他将不得不走我走过的路,学习我学到的东西,经历我经历的事情。

I let him walk on by and watched as he disappeared in the distance .

我让他继续走他的路。他从我身边掠过,消失在远方。

then I turned to continue on my own way and woke up .

然后我继续走我的路,接着我从梦中醒来。

In this life there are no shortcuts。

生活没有捷径。

We all have to walk the road。

我们都要一步一步走。

we all have to travel through sorrow as well as joy。

我们要体验悲伤和快乐。

We all have to learn to love。

我们都要学会爱。

we all have to grow into who we were meant to be。

我们都要长成命运的样子。

It takes our whole lives。

这可能需要我们一生的时间。

Yet,it is a journey worth making .

但是这次旅程值得你结束。

资料来源:本教室讲义来源网络。如果有侵权,请在联系后24小时删除。

1.《【曾经的我英语作文初中】双语晨读:如果几年前遇见自己。》援引自互联网,旨在传递更多网络信息知识,仅代表作者本人观点,与本网站无关,侵删请联系页脚下方联系方式。

2.《【曾经的我英语作文初中】双语晨读:如果几年前遇见自己。》仅供读者参考,本网站未对该内容进行证实,对其原创性、真实性、完整性、及时性不作任何保证。

3.文章转载时请保留本站内容来源地址,https://www.lu-xu.com/jiaoyu/2720994.html