SCENE② B 吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作
Zina:Do you think what I did to Elvin was 1) out of line?
吉娜:你觉得我对艾文太过火了吗?
Dave:You could have tried to explain to him about the new programmers.
戴夫:你本可以试着跟他解释,会有新的程序设计师进来。
Zina:Elvin doesn"t want any programming help. He wants all the 2) glory for himself.
吉娜:艾文才不想要有人来帮忙写程序。他想功劳一手抓。
Dave:You might be right. He does 3) think pretty highly of himself.
戴夫:你或许没说错。他自视甚高。
Zina:Did you hear the names he was calling me?
吉娜:你听到他怎么骂我吗?
Dave:I heard. But did you have to tear out his nose ring?
戴夫:我听到了。但你有必要扯掉他的鼻环吗?
语言详解:
A: Can you explain your relationship to John?
你能解释你跟约翰的关系吗?
B: No. It"s too complicated.
不能。 这太复杂了。
「could have tried 本可以试着」
“could+现在完成式”的句型用于说明先前的某一动作有改进的余地,有时表示含蓄的不满或指责。例如:
You could have finished it earlier.
你本该早一点把这事做完。
She could have done better.
她做得不够好。
A: I could have arrived much earlier. But I was caught in the traffic.
我原可以早早就到了。但是我受阻于路上交通拥塞。
B: That I can understand. But you could have called us and let us know.
这一点我可以了解。但是你本可以打个电话通知我们。
1) be out of line 过分的
2) glory (n.) 荣耀
3) think highly of…… 对……评价很高。若后接反身代名词,则是指“自视甚高”。
1.《 他自视甚高》援引自互联网,旨在传递更多网络信息知识,仅代表作者本人观点,与本网站无关,侵删请联系页脚下方联系方式。
2.《 他自视甚高》仅供读者参考,本网站未对该内容进行证实,对其原创性、真实性、完整性、及时性不作任何保证。
3.文章转载时请保留本站内容来源地址,https://www.lu-xu.com/jiaoyu/482017.html