Settle the Bill

1. I'd like to settle my bill now.

我想结账。

地道的关于“结账”的英语口语



对话一

- Could you bring us our check?

能给我们账单吗?

- Here you are. Who will settle the bill?

给您,谁买单呢?

- Be my guest, Lyon.

我来买单,李昂。

- OK, it will be my turn next time.

好吧,下次我来。



解析:

1)settle /'set(ə)l/ v. 解决;安排

settle accounts 与...结清帐目,(跟某人)算账,(向某人)报复

- How do you wish to settle your account, sir. In cash or by credit card?

您想怎么结帐,用现金还是信用卡?

- Some day I'll settle the account with you!

总有一天我要跟你算!

2)be my guest

a. 请自便,随意

- If anybody wants to work on this, be my guest.

如果哪位想干这个,请便。

- Do you mind if I look at your notes?

我想看一下你的笔记,你介意么?

- Of course not. Be my guest.

当然不,请便。

b. 邀请做客

- Would you be my guest for dinner on Friday night?

你周五晚上能来我家做客吗?

- Would you care to be my guest?

你愿意接受我的款待吗?

c. 请客

- Be my guest, Lyon.

我来买单,李昂。

- OK, it will be my turn next time.

好吧,下次我来。

账的!




Bill

2. I'd like to settle my bill now.

我想结账。




对话二

- When you go dinner with John, who foots the bill?

你和约翰出去吃饭时,是谁付账的?

- Why asking that? It's often the sort of Dutch treat.

问这干什么?一般都是各付各的。



​解析:

1)Dutch treat = Go Dutch 各付各账

- If a friend and I go out to eat, we might go dutch,.

假如我和朋友出去吃,我们可能会各付各的。

- If a friend and I go out to eat. It's often the sort of Dutch treat.

假如我和朋友出去吃,一般都是各付各的。

2)foot the bill 负担费用;买单

- Who is going to foot the bill for the loss?

谁要赔偿这些损失?

3)fit the bill 很符合

- If you fit the bill, send a CV to Rebecca Rees.

如果你符合要求,就寄一份简历给丽贝卡·里斯。

1.《等钱到账如何翻译》援引自互联网,旨在传递更多网络信息知识,仅代表作者本人观点,与本网站无关,侵删请联系页脚下方联系方式。

2.《等钱到账如何翻译》仅供读者参考,本网站未对该内容进行证实,对其原创性、真实性、完整性、及时性不作任何保证。

3.文章转载时请保留本站内容来源地址,https://www.lu-xu.com/keji/3226066.html